Forum rules

If you are revealing the location of secret content or "easter eggs", start your posts title with "SPOILER ALERT:" so people can avoid it if they want to find it out for themselves.

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Best time ever on Didi's route!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:39 pm 

Auldnewbie wrote:
lajoggeuse wrote:
Auldnewbie,

I just wanted to say that I hope that you are getting better. I haven't heard from you in quite some time and I have been worried.

Whatever happens, don't lose heart. There are people rooting for you here on this board.

Yours,

Lajoggeuse.

Hi Lajoggeuse,

Aaah, thank you there would have been a long reply to your earlier post,but site was acting up, I submitted & it told me you had to be signed in to post :evil: :evil: you can't reply without having done so... :shock:

Anyways I am feeling somewhat better, had my med's raised after 2 lots of blood results reflected how I felt,
the earlier ones I had done alongside Vit D3, which came back as very deficient...doc wanted to wait to raise meds once I had a full course of high dosage Vit D, don't know why but felt worse whilst taking em :o when new bloods done Vit D 3 was raised nicely, but thyroid results were even worse...so med's raised am feeling somewhat better, but as a side affect put on a kilo in a month :cry: ...took off 1/2 1b of that as of today :)
Not sure if its raised med's or that Iv'e started a course of folic acid -I had quite low levels
BUT NEWS....have just completed metroid 3 with 96%...its something that I may play again & try for 100% :D
Also have 2 new games...Red Steel 2 & Conduit 2 have dipped into both but am not hooked on either.... :D :D

May get Metroid other M, but not sure how I'd get on with it...uses exclusively the wii mote both horizontal & vertical, & Lajoggeuse been looking at your Go Vacation review.. you made it sound kind a interesting.... :P

Will sign off for now, but will be back in soon

Best Wishes

Auldnewbie

Hello again, glad to hear you're back in action. Well done for wrapping up Metroid.

The Red Steel series is interesting - the first Red Steel was a sort of action/thriller, but had some distressing aspects, like where you come round a corner with a fistful of Uzi, and there's an enemy menacing you with a sword. What would you do? Personally, I'd let rip with the Uzi, but the in-game avatar isn't that kind of practical. No, he puts away the gun and gets out his own sword to fight some sort of honour battle. (His fiancée's father is some sort of Yakuza boss, but even so, ...) And once he's got out the sword, you can't put it away until you have finished the battle. Stupid, stupid, stupid. RS2 bears almost no resemblance to RS. I eventually stopped when I came up against a semi-cinematic sequence where I had merely to press buttons at the right moment (signalled on-screen, no less).

Oh, and pffffff. It's my Go Vacation review.... ;)

All the best, and stay well!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:00 pm 

cynique wrote:
Auldnewbie wrote:
lajoggeuse wrote:
Auldnewbie,

I just wanted to say that I hope that you are getting better. I haven't heard from you in quite some time and I have been worried.

Whatever happens, don't lose heart. There are people rooting for you here on this board.

Yours,

Lajoggeuse.

Hi Lajoggeuse,

Aaah, thank you there would have been a long reply to your earlier post,but site was acting up, I submitted & it told me you had to be signed in to post :evil: :evil: you can't reply without having done so... :shock:

Anyways I am feeling somewhat better, had my med's raised after 2 lots of blood results reflected how I felt,
the earlier ones I had done alongside Vit D3, which came back as very deficient...doc wanted to wait to raise meds once I had a full course of high dosage Vit D, don't know why but felt worse whilst taking em :o when new bloods done Vit D 3 was raised nicely, but thyroid results were even worse...so med's raised am feeling somewhat better, but as a side affect put on a kilo in a month :cry: ...took off 1/2 1b of that as of today :)
Not sure if its raised med's or that Iv'e started a course of folic acid -I had quite low levels
BUT NEWS....have just completed metroid 3 with 96%...its something that I may play again & try for 100% :D
Also have 2 new games...Red Steel 2 & Conduit 2 have dipped into both but am not hooked on either.... :D :D

May get Metroid other M, but not sure how I'd get on with it...uses exclusively the wii mote both horizontal & vertical, & Lajoggeuse been looking at your Go Vacation review.. you made it sound kind a interesting.... :P

Will sign off for now, but will be back in soon

Best Wishes

Auldnewbie

Hello again, glad to hear you're back in action. Well done for wrapping up Metroid.

The Red Steel series is interesting - the first Red Steel was a sort of action/thriller, but had some distressing aspects, like where you come round a corner with a fistful of Uzi, and there's an enemy menacing you with a sword. What would you do? Personally, I'd let rip with the Uzi, but the in-game avatar isn't that kind of practical. No, he puts away the gun and gets out his own sword to fight some sort of honour battle. (His fiancée's father is some sort of Yakuza boss, but even so, ...) And once he's got out the sword, you can't put it away until you have finished the battle. Stupid, stupid, stupid. RS2 bears almost no resemblance to RS. I eventually stopped when I came up against a semi-cinematic sequence where I had merely to press buttons at the right moment (signalled on-screen, no less).

Oh, and pffffff. It's my Go Vacation review.... ;)

All the best, and stay well!

Hi Cynique! & Lajoggeuse :D :D :D

Sorry Cynique you were the author of the review origionally :oops:

I see from the forum that there are a few new members, it was getting very quite apart from a few of us, so its fantastic that new peeps are finding us...hope all is well with everyone?

You have a valid point in connection with Red Steel -have lain Red Steel 2 aside as a Boss fight has come up with a Master...and no amount of moves I make can dent his energy, why can't I blooming shoot the bugger.... ;) ;)

Iv'e completed Conduit 2 but it was a very short blink & you misssed it kind of game no depth @all

So its back to really trying to suss out games before buying :roll: :roll:

At the moment health is a bit up & down but in the future I will be dipping in as much as I possibly can.... :D :D

xxx

Kind Regards

Auldnewbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:06 am 

Auldnewbie wrote:
[

I see from the forum that there are a few new members, it was getting very quite apart from a few of us, so its fantastic that new peeps are finding us...hope all is well with everyone?

You have a valid point in connection with Red Steel -have lain Red Steel 2 aside as a Boss fight has come up with a Master...and no amount of moves I make can dent his energy, why can't I blooming shoot the bugger.... ;) ;)

Iv'e completed Conduit 2 but it was a very short blink & you misssed it kind of game no depth @all

At the moment health is a bit up & down but in the future I will be dipping in as much as I possibly can.... :D :D

xxx

Kind Regards

Auldnewbie

I'm really glad to hear from you! :D :D :D :D I hope your health gets better. I have been worried, but I figure that these things just take their own time.

Have you thought about playing Monster Hunter 3? It's a good game for the Wii. Very intense gameplay and the world has quite a bit of depth to it.

Yes, there are new people coming to the forum and perhaps more will also be coming! It's great news as things have been quiet here. Because Miilyn, one of our new members asked about it, I've added a yoga/strength section to the Wiki Stats pages, and a few of my scores. :D :D :D :D If you find that inspiring and your health permits, why not join the competition? :)

By the way, I've looked into the Wii U and, in my opinion, Nintendo is definitely trying to move the Wii away from being a fitness console. Not much in fitness stuff has come out for the Wii U and I don't know when Wii Fit U will be released. Plus there are problems: there is a big firmware patch that has to be added to the new consoles and if your connection fails, then the box is bricked. :shock: :cry: From what I understand from some of the reviews, the backwards compatibility is a bit odd, as well: the Wii games are in a sort of horizontal letterbox mode that can't be changed. Also, if the gamepad breaks for any reason, at the moment, it's impossible to get a replacement: the only gamepads being sold are those with the console. I really don't think Nintendo's done itself any favours here with the way all this has been handled. It has a rushed, shoddy feel to it. I think I'll wait until they've worked out all the problems before I buy it.

At any rate, I'm really glad to see that you are still around and that you seem to be on the mend. Take care and we'll talk again soon.

Lajoggeuse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:39 pm 

Auldnewbie wrote:

xxx

Kind Regards

Auldnewbie

My vote is also for Monster Hunter Tri. I picked this one up not long after it came out, and even managed to get the special version in a sort of cardboard treasure chest, complete with a Wii Speak and a Pro Controller.

In this game, you play a monster hunter who has come to this island to, um, hunt monsters. The monsters range from the ordinary and relatively weak Kelbi - sort of like a goat - all the way up to major sea dragons, passing by a wide variety of increasingly elaborate-looking dinosaurs and minor dragons. Each has its special attack sequences, and one of the puzzles of the game is working out the best way to dodge them. It's not the most physical game around, but it does get the adrenalin running.

There is no shortage of reasonably subtle humour, like the merchant woman who seems to be trying to seduce your hunter (and the dialogue is the same whether you create a male or female hunter :shock: ), and the starting weapon. It's called a "hunter's knife". It's a sword with a blade as long as your arm. When you complete enough stuff, you can get the greatsword, which in typical manga-weapon style is usually around ten feet long.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:25 pm 

Hello again,

Auldnewbie, did you look into getting Monster Hunter Tri3? I'm curious because I've just picked this up again, and I'm looking at who I can compete with in some sense. It's a bit strange. Some games have thriving helpful communities, but MH3 seems to lack this, almost as if there's some sort of agreement to not share hints and tips with new players. It can be a bit hard-core at times, but I'd have said the same thing about Metroid Prime 3...

Anyway, Happy New Year and all that...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 pm 

cynique wrote:
Hello again,

Auldnewbie, did you look into getting Monster Hunter Tri3? I'm curious because I've just picked this up again, and I'm looking at who I can compete with in some sense. It's a bit strange. Some games have thriving helpful communities, but MH3 seems to lack this, almost as if there's some sort of agreement to not share hints and tips with new players. It can be a bit hard-core at times, but I'd have said the same thing about Metroid Prime 3...

Hi Cynique,

Firstly a Happy, healthy,prosperous New Year, to yourself & all fit game forumers..... :D :) :lol: .......

Have looked at Monster Hunter on Amazon, slightly wary of lots of reviews saying its not a pick up & play kind
of game & price wise its about 3 times more then the other games Iv'e bought....On the 1st point you say Prime 3 is that kind of game too....yes I at first was very challenged by it, but progressed :P :P so maybe can handle it.... 2nd point price, kind a hard at moment as winter fuel bills are due soon & I need to renew my TV licence grr hate doing that as is sickenly high price just to watch a little tv, one of my bug bears :twisted: :evil: probably will decide end of feb...hopefully might have gone down in price a little, have noticed on Amazon that a lot of sellers up their prices @ Xmas time......

Would be nice to have a bit of friendly competition going ;) :) Will surely let you know if I do get it Cynique

Take Care

Regards

Auldnewbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:27 am 

Auldnewbie wrote:
cynique wrote:
Hello again,

Hi Cynique,

Firstly a Happy, healthy,prosperous New Year, to yourself & all fit game forumers..... :D :) :lol: .......

Have looked at Monster Hunter on Amazon, slightly wary of lots of reviews saying its not a pick up & play kind
of game & price wise its about 3 times more then the other games Iv'e bought....On the 1st point you say Prime 3 is that kind of game too....yes I at first was very challenged by it, but progressed :P :P so maybe can handle it.... 2nd point price, kind a hard at moment as winter fuel bills are due soon & I need to renew my TV licence grr hate doing that as is sickenly high price just to watch a little tv, one of my bug bears :twisted: :evil: probably will decide end of feb...hopefully might have gone down in price a little, have noticed on Amazon that a lot of sellers up their prices @ Xmas time......

Would be nice to have a bit of friendly competition going ;) :) Will surely let you know if I do get it Cynique

Take Care

Regards

Auldnewbie

The other thing about Monster Hunter 3 is that it has a multi-player mode: you can go on a server and hunt monsters with other people. I think the group limit is 4. So, if you get it, the two of you could go monster hunting together. Probably best to work out the technique first on the solo game. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10