All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Is Milk, Good For You.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:51 pm 

On the whole, I think that milk is good for you. Have a look at some articles about recent research:

Foods Rich in Protein, Dairy Products Help Dieters Preserve Muscle and Lose Belly Fat
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 114706.htm

Dairy Consumption Does Not Elevate Heart-Attack Risk, Study Suggests
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 105728.htm

Component in Common Dairy Foods May Cut Diabetes Risk, Study Suggests
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 200000.htm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 am 

Can you please share where have you read that thing that milk got terrible effects on your body.
I have never heard of anybody saying milk is not good.
chicago personal trainer

Last edited by DJones on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:43 am 

Hi!

DJones wrote:
Can you please share where have you read that thing that milk got terrible effects on your body.

I have heard milk isn't good for your stomach. Some humans just cannot drink milk, because they get sick. But milk is good for your body, if you can drink it. But there is soya milk and such things instead, if you cannot drink milk.

People with Autism and ADHD diagnosis should avoid milk, to try if they is feeling better. But they should avoid other stuff too, like flower, yeast and artificial colours. Can it be that recommendation you've heard?

Lillagumman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:08 am 

Lillagumman wrote:
Hi!

DJones wrote:

I have heard milk isn't good for your stomach. Some humans just cannot drink milk, because they get sick. But milk is good for your body, if you can drink it. But there is soya milk and such things instead, if you cannot drink milk.
Lillagumman

Yes, some people are allergic to milk. Food allergies in general, though, are a tricky issue. The fact is that many people believe that they are allergic to something without having been tested to see whether that is true.

Why do people believe that they might be allergic to some food? Food allergies are fashionable at the moment. They are great for attention seekers who want to play the victim. They are great for people who haven't the spine to say that they don't like a particular food; they conjure up an allergy instead of just admitting to their dislike. They are great for hypochondriacs for obvious reasons. They are great for irresponsible parents who haven't the skill or the will to deal with fussy eaters.

Yes, some people really are allergic to some foods, including milk, but food allergies aren't as widespread as people think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:48 pm 

i have to like drink milk. because milk is provide a calcium. to strong a your body n u r always being a fit for drink a milk. milk is strong your bones n terrible to you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:43 am 

Corwin wrote:
Yes milk is best meal because it contains all the element that are essential for healthy food. But if you want to lose your weight then you must be avoid milk because it contain fat that increase your weight but if you want to gain then you must drink milk.

You do not have to avoid milk if you want to lose weight. As with any food, moderation is the key. If you don't drink too much milk, if you take account of its calories in your diet, then you can drink milk. Fat is not the enemy here; the problem is carbohydrates and they can't really be avoided, just managed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:59 pm 

lajoggeuse wrote:
Corwin wrote:
Yes milk is best meal because it contains all the element that are essential for healthy food. But if you want to lose your weight then you must be avoid milk because it contain fat that increase your weight but if you want to gain then you must drink milk.

You do not have to avoid milk if you want to lose weight. As with any food, moderation is the key. If you don't drink too much milk, if you take account of its calories in your diet, then you can drink milk. Fat is not the enemy here; the problem is carbohydrates and they can't really be avoided, just managed.

You are right, fat is not the enemy, many successful diet are based on reducing the amount of carbs, not fat. Last summer, I cut back on bread, potatoes, rice and crackers and I saw an enormous difference. Of course I always combine it with working out :)