All times are UTC

Post subject: Love this program!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 am 

I absolutely cannot believe my luck but today I was gifted with a brand new copy of this program and Just Dance. No idea why the person wanted to give it away but the boxes didn't even have the seals broken! Gotta love Freecycle.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance yet to do a full workout but from the evaluation at the beginning I think I'm really going to love this. It was super easy to set up and it's really neat to be able to see yourself on the TV and have the feedback on whether you are doing the moves right. No remotes to hold either unlike EA Sports programs and no nunchuk to wrestle with.

I'll post again after I've done a few workouts with it and let you know if it's worth the money.

Post subject: Re: Love this program!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:47 am 

Ok, did a whole workout and have lived to tell about it but not by much. It was intense! Really this is My Fitness Coach with a camera added so you can see how silly you look and have the trainer yell at you for not moving your arms and legs exactly as they are. The workout was good but the camera seemed to have problems picking up my movements. Maybe the fact that I'm pastey white and my living wall are beige made it hard for it to pick me out from the wall but I seemed to be getting yelled at a lot for not moving my arms when I was following along well.

It was fun at first to watch myself on the screen but then it became a bit distracting to try to watch the trainer and myself. The only thing Jenny McCarthy about it is her voice which you hear a lot. They need a setting like in EA Sports to turn the trainers comments down or off.

If you already have My Fitness Coach I wouldn't bother with this game.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:48 pm 

It is a lot like Fitness Coach I agree, but I think that Your Shape is way better for you. I have been doing it for 2 weeks now every day, and it is the only thing I do every day now. I dropped EA Games and Gold's Gym, and this program for half an hour a day is making me lose weight like crazy. I sustain around 80% accuracy on it, and I think it is the best excersize you can do on the Wii.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:19 pm 

I still really like the exercises and variety on this program but the camera sucks. It only registers movement sporadically and the trainer is way too yappy. I don't need someone constantly nagging me especially when the comments are based on the fact that the camera can't seem to figure out that I am doing what I'm supposed to be. Since it only sees 1/2 of what I do it keeps making the workout easier to compensate for the fact it thinks I'm not able to do the exercises.

I've tried different lighting, different clothing, putting a sheet over the furniture behind me but it still doesn't pick up the movement. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Agreed. The camera just doesn't seem to work properly in my living room, as the wall colour is too light and the lighting is not right.

It's very annoying as I think Your Shape would be great if the camera worked better. Also, it needs a bit too much space, my living room is not quite large enough.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:58 pm 

I've gotten the camera to work a bit better by decking myself out in hot pink so it can see me and with the time change and some sunny weather today it is much brighter in my living room. It seems not to be able to find my arms unless I wear long sleeves which is not going to be an option once the weather warms up. I was sweating enough today in my long leggings and long sleeve shirt. Maybe I'll have to get a really good tan this year so the camera can see me without all the clothes on.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:45 am 

That's weird you guys are having all those problems with the camera, I have never had a problem with mine. I have an Adidas orange workout outfit, and It's shorts and a tank top. But our living room is hardwood paneling, and we have black leather sofas so that could be why?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:23 pm 

I actually got this one last year for Christmas, but haven't taken it out of the box yet.
Was part of a bundle, 4 games for $20.

I do my wii fit, and am slowly losing weight, but I really don't like being yelled at.... even on a game.

Maybe with the new year, I can fit in both the wii fit and My Shape, with a break in between?

Trying to stay fit and flexible...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:13 am 

furryfeathers wrote:
I actually got this one last year for Christmas, but haven't taken it out of the box yet.
Was part of a bundle, 4 games for $20.

I do my wii fit, and am slowly losing weight, but I really don't like being yelled at.... even on a game.

Maybe with the new year, I can fit in both the wii fit and My Shape, with a break in between?

You can fit the two programs together, yes. Some of the other posters here do just that. It's all a matter of motivation and scheduling. Just experiment with the two for a bit and then figure out which exercise regime works best for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:39 am 

Real fitness exercise is still better than those fitness games. :)