All times are UTC



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Need a new motivator . . .give me a goal!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:29 am 

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 56
Thank you to this board, again. I have thoroughly enjoyed my almost six weeks with Walk It Out, as recommended. A plus is that everyone else in the family has at least tried it, and my youngest walks about once a week. I feel ready for my walking vacation later this summer, since I am walking on average 4 miles a day on it. Definitely addictive for me, although I doubt I will create more than 3 islands, it is getting too repetitious - I would definitely buy a Walk It Out 2, however.

I thought when I started WIO that I would go onto WiiFit every day and log on my steps, but I only did it a couple of times. However I know that I am spending 300-400 calories a day, and that I am not gaining back the weight that I lost on WiiFit Plus, so I am happy for now. My goal now is not so much to lose weight (a couple more pounds would not be bad, but at 23 BMI, I am happy), but to make sure I do not gain it back. WIO has done that for me.

Because of the info on the other games on this board, we will probably buy an Active Life game of some kind later this year. If you know of something better, let me know. In between, I plan to go back to WF Plus and see how I do since I am out of practice. My mom has noticed my weight loss on the Wii and now wants one as well. I like games that the whole family can play, because we occasionally play multiplayer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a new motivator . . .give me a goal!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:59 am 

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 732
Location: France
musicforall wrote:
Thank you to this board, again. I have thoroughly enjoyed my almost six weeks with Walk It Out, as recommended. A plus is that everyone else in the family has at least tried it, and my youngest walks about once a week. I feel ready for my walking vacation later this summer, since I am walking on average 4 miles a day on it. Definitely addictive for me, although I doubt I will create more than 3 islands, it is getting too repetitious - I would definitely buy a Walk It Out 2, however.

I thought when I started WIO that I would go onto WiiFit every day and log on my steps, but I only did it a couple of times. However I know that I am spending 300-400 calories a day, and that I am not gaining back the weight that I lost on WiiFit Plus, so I am happy for now. My goal now is not so much to lose weight (a couple more pounds would not be bad, but at 23 BMI, I am happy), but to make sure I do not gain it back. WIO has done that for me.

Because of the info on the other games on this board, we will probably buy an Active Life game of some kind later this year. If you know of something better, let me know. In between, I plan to go back to WF Plus and see how I do since I am out of practice. My mom has noticed my weight loss on the Wii and now wants one as well. I like games that the whole family can play, because we occasionally play multiplayer.



I'm really glad to hear how well it has worked out for you.

A Walk It Out 2 - I wonder whether there will be such a thing. I would certainly buy it if there was.

I don't mind the repetition of WIO. As a matter of fact, after creating my second island, I started using the game as a treadmill substitute. First I discover all the pieces of the rainbow, then I walk around the already-built island. I find the music and the walk to be relaxing as well as great exercise. It makes a nice supplement to all the jogging I do.

I hope you like Active Life when you get it.

_________________
---
Voilà ce qui va se passer !
http://www.levisiteurdufutur.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a new motivator . . .give me a goal!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:04 am 

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 56
Came to check on you guys - I've been busy. Last fall I watched my son compete in his first 5K race and it looked so fun I decided I wanted to try to do it, too. I decided that in 2012, I would run a 5K, probably in April.

I printed out a program called Couch to 5K and followed the directions. I had to repeat a couple of the weeks in the beginning, so it took me longer than 9 weeks, but I ran my first 5K this month. It would have been much more difficult if I had not spent over a year losing weight and getting in better shape with wii fit, wii fit plus, Walk it Out, and EA Sports active 2. I still warm up with yoga and planks from wii fit, and use the bands and exercises from EASA2 to keep my arms toned.

Still looking forward to more games to buy - need something to do to stay in shape when it gets too hot or too rainy. Never want to go back to where I was two years ago, if I can help it. It took most of my life, but I think I am addicted to exercise now.

Thanks FitGameForum, for all the help you have given me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a new motivator . . .give me a goal!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:00 am 

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 732
Location: France
musicforall wrote:
Came to check on you guys - I've been busy. Last fall I watched my son compete in his first 5K race and it looked so fun I decided I wanted to try to do it, too. I decided that in 2012, I would run a 5K, probably in April.

I printed out a program called Couch to 5K and followed the directions. I had to repeat a couple of the weeks in the beginning, so it took me longer than 9 weeks, but I ran my first 5K this month. It would have been much more difficult if I had not spent over a year losing weight and getting in better shape with wii fit, wii fit plus, Walk it Out, and EA Sports active 2. I still warm up with yoga and planks from wii fit, and use the bands and exercises from EASA2 to keep my arms toned.

Still looking forward to more games to buy - need something to do to stay in shape when it gets too hot or too rainy. Never want to go back to where I was two years ago, if I can help it. It took most of my life, but I think I am addicted to exercise now.

Thanks FitGameForum, for all the help you have given me!


This is really great news. I am so glad that you were able to run your first 5K race. :D :D :D :D It sounds very much that you are on top of your fitness now.

I hope you will keep coming back to the forum to tell us all the wonderful things you have been doing. :D :D

_________________
---
Voilà ce qui va se passer !
http://www.levisiteurdufutur.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a new motivator . . .give me a goal!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:46 pm 

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 56
Came to see if anyone is excited about WiiU. Me, not so much. Not interested unless it is going to help me with fitness. Still using WiiFit+, still using EASA2 on days that I do not run, which means 2-3 times a week. Helps with stretching, which helps recover from running. Still managing to keep the weight under control, although November/December are the worst . . .I did get in a 5K on Thanksgiving day, and got a third place medal for my age group, so I have improved, and have room to improve further! Good part about being an older runner - not so much competition! So now my goal is just to continue to improve my 5K time, and stay injury-free. So glad I started using the Wii!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a new motivator . . .give me a goal!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:29 am 

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 732
Location: France
musicforall wrote:
Came to see if anyone is excited about WiiU. Me, not so much. Not interested unless it is going to help me with fitness. Still using WiiFit+, still using EASA2 on days that I do not run, which means 2-3 times a week. Helps with stretching, which helps recover from running. Still managing to keep the weight under control, although November/December are the worst . . .I did get in a 5K on Thanksgiving day, and got a third place medal for my age group, so I have improved, and have room to improve further! Good part about being an older runner - not so much competition! So now my goal is just to continue to improve my 5K time, and stay injury-free. So glad I started using the Wii!


Good to see you! And good to see that you are still well and exercising! :D :D :D :D

Congratulations on getting third place! 8-) 8-) :D :D Wow! That's an amazing feat!

I agree with you about the Wii U at the moment. I think that Wii U Fit is supposed to come out in March, so I will see then, after reading reviews and all. From what I understand, Nintendo is changing its vision of the console from one for fitness to one for hard core gamers. It's a pity if that's true. I'm hoping that the fitness aspect will continue. It would be a waste if it did not.

Perhaps, though, Nintendo is just taking its time over Wii Fit Plus to get it right. One can hope. :) :)

A few new people have come to the forum and have requested that I add a page to the stats so that they could add yoga and strength exercise scores. If you like, add some of yours. It's strange that we never did that before. I've added some of mine, and, although I've been a bit busy the last few days, it's inspired me to go back and work on some areas that I have neglected a bit.

At any rate, it's good to hear from you again! :D :D :D :D 8-)

_________________
---
Voilà ce qui va se passer !
http://www.levisiteurdufutur.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Technorati Profile