All times are UTC

Post subject: tai chi for WII
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:25 pm 

Hi

Im new here can anyone please tell me if there is a TAI CHI game for the WII console my mother in law has just purchased a wii console and is looking for the tai chi to help her fitness and general well being :)

Post subject: Re: tai chi for WII
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 pm 

shell_7 wrote:
Hi

Im new here can anyone please tell me if there is a TAI CHI game for the WII console my mother in law has just purchased a wii console and is looking for the tai chi to help her fitness and general well being :)

As far as I know, there isn't a Tai Chi game for the Wii console. There are dance games, various mini-games, yoga games, etc, but no Tai Chi games. If I recall correctly, there is going to be some sort of martial arts game for the X-box, but I can't remember when that is supposed to come out; it wasn't Tai Chi, though.

Others have requested that Tai Chi be made part of any new versions of Wii Fit, but who knows what is happening about that.

Sorry that I can't be of any more help than that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:38 pm 

technically some of the strength and yoga routines in Wii Fit plus are Tai Chi and you can make your own routine. but that's really about it. There are a couple of yoga games available on amazon. There are some martial arts games for wii but they're pretty intense. take a look at "Leela" and see if that might be similar to what you're looking for.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:38 am 

Nienna wrote:
technically some of the strength and yoga routines in Wii Fit plus are Tai Chi and you can make your own routine. but that's really about it. There are a couple of yoga games available on amazon. There are some martial arts games for wii but they're pretty intense. take a look at "Leela" and see if that might be similar to what you're looking for.

Leela sounds interesting. Have you used it? Does it work for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:31 pm 

It's completely not the sort of game I enjoy. (Wii fit plus is the most 'relaxed' game I own. When I go into a game store and they ask me if they can help me find anything I say; something that will make me sweaty and angry)

I preview about 5 wii games a month, and I ran across Leela about two months ago in a demo. I saw it played for about five minutes but I didn't try it myself. So someone else will have to take the plunge and give it a whirl.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:13 am 

Nienna wrote:
It's completely not the sort of game I enjoy. (Wii fit plus is the most 'relaxed' game I own. When I go into a game store and they ask me if they can help me find anything I say; something that will make me sweaty and angry)

I preview about 5 wii games a month, and I ran across Leela about two months ago in a demo. I saw it played for about five minutes but I didn't try it myself. So someone else will have to take the plunge and give it a whirl.

Fair enough. It won't be me who takes the plunge, not at the moment. My budget is dedicated to so many things right at the moment and I already have more games than I can really sanely play.

Out of curiosity, which game is it that makes you the most sweaty and angry?