All times are UTC

Post subject: Tai Chi
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:38 pm 

The first thing I thought when I saw the Yoga routines was "great - but Tai Chi would be better."

Maybe they'll add it to Wii Fit 2?

Post subject: Re: Tai Chi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 pm 

I agree - Tai Chi would be a great tool. I find that people always know what yoga is, but are less familiar with Tai Chi and Pilates (for example) when actually, Tai Chi and/or Pilates are possibly more beneficial........ that's my opinion though - I am sure a Yoga teacher/expert would tell you different!!! :o)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Indeed :)

I've done both Yoga and Tai Chi, and they are both great but in different ways. One of the Tai Chi teachers used to run a class for OAPs (he was also quite old), and he found it really helped older people to keep moving.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm 

Tai Chi is popular for movement - especially in falls prevention. Just imagine if Wii Fit had it as one of its features - many nursing homes have a Wii already - it would be a great <cheapish> way of contributing to the fitness of the elderly!! I mean, I guess a lot of places wouldn't be able to afford a teacher - but for a console to sell it as part of a £30-40 'game' it would make it more accessible!?! I don't imagine the elderly would manage the other parts to Wii Fit though!?! I wonder what it would calculate their Wii Ages at?!! te he!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:43 am 

I've been doing the Yang Style short form for 5 years now, and I would love to see Tai Chi for the Wii Fit. Its great for improving balance and coordination, and in my experience its also a relaxing and confidence building exercise. I think its also ideal for a video game, since Tai Chi involves a lot of shifting weight from one leg to another, and the balance board could easily accommodate that. I think the possibilities are endless and I hope they get the same idea at Nintendo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:45 am 

I agree tai chi would be a great addition. The wii board would not be suitable for tai chi. A wii mat that senses weight over a great area would be a better idea. Something similar to a dance mat.

Gert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:35 pm 

I, too, am hoping for a Tai Chi program from Wii Fit in the near future. I love the other Wii Fit exercise programs. I have several that are great, but Tai Chi needs to happen...SOON! Come on, Wii people, let's make it happen!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:04 pm 

I'd LOVE a Tai Chi program for Wii Fit. I've held off buying a Wii Fit, in hopes that Nintendo would come out with a Tai Chi Exergame. Does anyone know of a website one could go, to ask (BEG) Nintendo for this???? Surely the company is working on this!! If they can do Yoga, they can certainly do Tai Chi....right???

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:45 am 

Wii Tai Chi is a great idea! This can help keep us fit as well and mostly this will make it more interactive to older generations!
Irving Dentists | Irving DDS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:47 am 

I would love to see a tai chi exercise platform, it would be easier then yoga for us over weight 50+.