All times are UTC

Post subject: Yoga/Balance Help!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:24 pm 

I've been working with the wii fit for about 3 weeks, and I'm noticing (particularly in yoga) that the longer i work out, the worse i get. anyone have any ideas? the last time, i got so frustrated, i stopped altogether after about 3 months. i'm on week four now, and seeing the same trend. any input is appreciated. thanks!

Post subject: Re: Yoga/Balance Help!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Are you referring to the amount of time you use it in any one session, or to how many weeks you've been doing it for?

Especially with yoga and balance, if you are tired then you are going to get worse, it's entirely natural.

I generally do balance and yoga stuff first, before doing anything more intense.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:19 pm 

Hi,

I'm referring to running through each yoga exercise daily, for a total of 3 weeks/21 days this time.
The last time I did it daily for 3 months. It seems the longer I do these, the worse I seem to get. I am not referring to the amount of time spent on each exercise, but the overall time.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:39 am 
Site Admin

Personally I don't tend to exercise absolutely every day. If I do the same thing every day I just get a bit bored so I don't concentrate on it so well.

Perhaps you could try taking weekends off? Or try a completely different set of exercises?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:57 pm 

I didn't say i was bored, i said that the longer i worked the program, the more my performance degraded. i don't do the same things every day.
one day is yoga/strength, the next is yoga/cardio, etc. Evidently you do not have an answer for this either.

Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:44 pm 

Have you tried working out at different times of day to see how that affects your scores? I was getting really frustrated with a balance game - I was getting up every morning and trying to get my exercise done before the rest of the house got up. For weeks I tried to improve my score and it just was not happening - and yes, sometimes I got worse instead of better. Then one day I had to skip a morning so I made it up in the evening - and just zipped past my previous scores. Turns out that I am a night person (okay, I already knew that but never saw it so obvious as the difference in scores). Now, when possible, I do walking or skating or cycling in the morning and yoga and balance at night. Made a difference for me, maybe it will help you, too.

The other thing I do when my scores just start to get awful is do a balance board check from the menu because it has happened where it has been not reading one foot, usually because there is a dust bunny/dog hair under that one foot (I scoot the board under the couch at night so no one trips over it in the dark) and/or I change the batteries. This has also helped, even when the batteries should have enough power, the board just does better when they are "fresh".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 am 

Yoga is very useful exercise, it keeps maintain your body, losing weight, reduces stress,
Yoga is a helpful to health, you will find that your sleep will improve, and that you may even need less time to sleep as your rejuvenation levels....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:23 pm 

Before beginning any new type of yoga, ask about its physical demands. Find out how strenuous it is. Talk with the instructor and others who do that type of yoga to be sure it's suitable for you.